Re: Possible memory leak.

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 18:27:52 +0300

I want to verify the issue I have seen:
Now The server is on about 286 MB of resident memory.
The issue is that the server memory usage was more then 800MB while two
things in mind
1 - The whole web server is 600 MB
2 - 150MB is the maximum object size in memory (there is no disk cache)
3 - the cache memory of the server is the default of 256MB.

I cannot think about an option that will lead this server to consume
more then 400MB even if one 10 bytes file is being fetched with a query
term every time with a different parameter.

If the sum of all the request to the proxy are 30k I do not see how it
would still lead to 900MB of ram used by squid.

If I am mistaken(could very simple accomplished) then I want to
understand what to look for in the mgr interface to see if there is a
reasonable usage of memory or not.
(I know it's a lot to ask but still)

Thanks,
Eliezer