Re: Squid Cache ttl_pattern

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik.nordstrom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 14:07:18 +0200

http_block http://www.domain.com

> 2) I want all the .jpg files to expire ONLY after x days no matter what
> the Modified-Since attribute is. How? Any insight?

It is not possible. Squid currently honours any expiry information if
available.

> 3) If I want to cache all the http requests to use the if-modified attr.
> only if 10 days have passed after the first fetch, how can it be done?

If Modified Since is currently not fully implemented. Currently all IMS
requests are sent to the original server. I have a implementation where
IMS requests are answered directly against the cache (Duane is testing
this), and I have a small todo for implementing full support of IMS in
Squid. Hopefully I will get time to implement everything in July.

---
Henrik Nordstrom