Re: cache not up to date

From: Jean-Francois Micouleau <Jean-Francois.Micouleau@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 11:35:25 +0200 (MET DST)

> You're right. Reload works (I mentioned it in my first mail), but this is
> not the point!
> Look:
> There's a html-page on a node somewhere (e.g. Vienna) - here I am with
> Netscape. On the way from somewhere to me, the html-page passes two
> different cache-systems. When I access through Squid-cache, Squid doesn't
> recognize that the html-page is already superseded, CERN-Cache does it!
> I want to use Squid for his better functionality, but I have 80 users here,
> to which I have to establish actual pages. There a people, which don't know
> actually what's (=which function) the Reload-button.

        That's how squid handle IMS. IMS handling is now perfect by now,
in squid 1.1 it sould be better.

Henrik could you please explain what you plan for IMS ?

: Jean Francois Micouleau : Email: Micouleau@utc.fr :
: Universite de : Tel : 44 23 52 15 :
: Technologie de : Service Informatique :
: Compiegne : :