Re: cache not up to date

From: Florian Lohoff <flo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 21:43:46 +0200 (MET DST)

Christian Krackowizer typed this originally:
> You're right. Reload works (I mentioned it in my first mail), but this is
> not the point!
> Look:
> There's a html-page on a node somewhere (e.g. Vienna) - here I am with
> Netscape. On the way from somewhere to me, the html-page passes two
> different cache-systems. When I access through Squid-cache, Squid doesn't
> recognize that the html-page is already superseded, CERN-Cache does it!
> I want to use Squid for his better functionality, but I have 80 users here,
> to which I have to establish actual pages. There a people, which don't know
> actually what's (=which function) the Reload-button.
>
> merci et bon jour

I think the problem is that Cern doesn't cache html documents at all. It
only caches images, or very rare documents as you can see when looking
into the cern cache. Squid has a different behaviour in standard configuration.
I modified the configuration in that way that i only cache documents which
DO HAVE a last-modified header. Others i do not cache.

Flo

--
Florian Lohoff, E-Mail flo@mini.gt.owl.de, MacOS, AmigaOS & Linux
Voice: +49-5241-340796  Data: +49-5241-3286/7/8/9 337180/1