Re: Memory leak in 1.0.1 / FreeBSD 2.1R & BSDI

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 20:50:58 +0800 (GMT+0800)

Hi Squid users,

Andrew V. Stesin wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> that's me who did an "official" FreeBSD port, and we don't
> see any such problems here. BUT: we are running Squid on
> a FreeBSD-stable machine with malloc() taken from
> FreeBSD-current (so called phkmalloc).
>
> I'll be grateful to see the results of the testing.

I'm also running 2.1R on the main caching machine.
The kernel tends to panic very often (around once a day), though.
I've *never* been able to catch the exact error, it's not logged to
syslog. However, the server is performing other functions as well.

I'll try changing the malloc(). However, I feel that upgrading to
FreeBSD 2.1.5 will help, and I'm waiting for it. Right now I'm not
inclined to upgrading to the interim versions, whether SNAPs or
STABLEs.

--
miguel a.l. paraz <map@iphil.net> / iphil communications / PGP keyID 0x43F0D011