version numbering?

From: Ira Abramov <ira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 15:49:37 +0300 (IDT)

Evening.

Installed Squid 2 days ago on my system, and discovered it runs as stable
as the good old Harvest cache (not using it as an accelerator, I need my
logs clean). Maybe it's just my feeling, but it seems I get faster
response even on cache misses, is there any logical reason for that?

as for the versions Q, since I saw nothing about it in the website nor in
the list's archives, I wanted to clear a few questions: are the 1.1 alphas
a second line (like Linux' kernel revisions)? I saw 1.0.3 was out AFTER
the last two alphas...

and last: I am also maintaining the website for the Israeli LUG at
http://www.linux.org.il , and I may be considdering becoming another
mirror for the Israeli users, who do I contact in thw Squid group here for
that?

   Ira Abramov <ira@scso.com> Scalable Solutions
   Beeper 48484 at 03-610-6666 FAX (972)2-430-471
   POBox 3600 Tel (972)2-6426822
   Jerusalem 91035, Israel http://www.scso.com/~ira