Files not cached

From: Pete Philips <pete@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:50:25 +0100 (BST)

I may be missing something obvious but...

I want to cache accesses to large multimedia files such as WAVs, MOVs
and AVIs. So I added this line to my squid.conf:

ttl_pattern \.avi$ 7200 100% 43200

To me this reads cache all requests ending in ".avi" for 5 days unless
it has a last modified timestamp in which case cache it for 100% of the
time difference between that and the current timestamp. Am I right in
thinking that an AVI cannot have a last modified timestamp so the
former will always apply?

Anyway, the test in question:

http://www.movies.warnerbros.com/twister/dld/trailer.avi

is never cached.