parent and neighbor

From: <gerhard.winkler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 15:20:00 +0200 (MSZ)

Hi,

I want to configure a partner cache as parent and neigbor at the same
time. This means in detail I want to have this cache as a parent for one
specific domain and as a neigbor for some (or all) other domains.

How can this be done?

The only solution I know is to use two different names for the same host.
In one cache_host definition it's defined as parent and in the second one
it's definied as neighbor. Then the corresponding cache_host_domain
rules can be specified for different domains.

But this solution has the disadvantage that I need to setup a second
name (CNAME) for this host.

Is there any other solution for that or do I miss something?

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Winkler                    |  E-Mail: gerhard.winkler@univie.ac.at
Vienna University Computer Center  |