Re: Problem with local_ip and local_domain in 1.0.7

From: Richard Hall <hall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:25:20 -0400 (EDT)

I, too, expected local_domain to prevent the caching of local objects,
which it doesn't do. At first I thought that it would be desirable to
fetch local objects directly, but further contemplation revealed that
this wouldn't do anything but increase local traffic.

It might, however, be useful to preferentially delete local objects from
the cache when it gets full. Is this possible? Is it really a good idea?

Richard Hall
U of Tennessee
Network Services