filtering internal IP addresses

From: Tom M. Kroeger <tmk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 10:47:00 -0700

 I am currently running a squid proxy ( Version 1.0.beta17) as a
firewall and have recently found out that my configuration is passing
on internal IP addresses in the HTTP_FORWARDED field. I was able to
see this from the following url
http://www.chem.swin.edu.au/test/environ.shtml

My question is what field in the configuration file do I need to
change in order to prevent this? Currently I have just modified the
line in http.c that prints this portion of the request.

  Thanks for your time and help,

                       tmk
Tom M. Kroeger Pray for wind
Graduate Student, UC Santa Cruz \ Pray for waves
e-mail: tmk@cs.ucsc.edu |\ and Pray it's your day off!
http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~tmk |~\
(408) 459-4458 |__\
(408) 427-2001 home ,----+--