Re: Squid slow during cleanup

From: Nelson Posse Lago <listas2@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 17:16:32 -0300 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, Neil Murray wrote:

> "quick_abort on" will stop those that visit a page, start a
> download, abort it, go somewhere else, come back later when it is in the
> proxy cache and is only a local download for them.

     I find this (quck abort *off*) to be a very nice "feature". Some
sites can really be sloooow!

> You could consider using acl & http_access to block accesses to the
> more popular sex sites, though that would push up your international
> bandwidth usage as they turned off the proxy settings to get there.

     This defeats the purpose of the cache, doesn't it? In fact, these
sites have lots of (large) images and are very popular. The more you
cache them, the more useful the cache is to everyone (of course, you need
the disk space...), as you save a lot of your bandwidth.

see ya,
Nelson
lago@that.com.br