Re: Calculating average speed of sends to proxy users

From: Jens Elkner <elkner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 19:46:10 +0200 (MET DST)

'Steve Davies wrote:'

> Hi,
>
> When squid completes sending an object to a client, does it remember
> anywhere how long it took? From this and the size of the object I'd like
> to calculate the speed for each fetch (and various averages for different
> classes of users).
>
> Seems to me that this elapsed time could be logged to access.log on the
> TCP_MISS or TCP_HIT line.

Elapsed time will be logged in access.log, when you turn off httpd
log emulation in your squid.conf ...

More info:

http://irb.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~elkner/proxy/Squid/accesslog.html

Have fun,
Jens.

| Jens Elkner                   | Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg |
| Am Uniplatz 5                     elkner@irb.cs.uni-magdeburg.de         |
| WH 4   PF 310                     elkner@sunpool.cs.uni-magdeburg.de     |
| 39106 Magdeburg   GERMANY       http://irb.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~elkner   |