Re: I cannot get squid to local_domain DIRECT - help

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 08:04:00 +0200 (MET DST)

Kev wrote:

[...]
>I get a series of TCP_HIT/200/NONE messages when I believe I should be
>getting a TCP_MISS/200/DIRECT message in my access.log file.
>
>The conf file specifically says if you specify the local_domain
>it will retrieve the files DIRECTLY but I am at a complete loss
>as to why this does not work. I have tried using local_ip's,
>ttl of zero and a number of other options but the above SHOULD
>work.

Hehehehe, I've been following that slippery path of logic myself
when I first installed the old cached from Harvest and was quite
confused about this behaviour, too.
If you read the fine print however, it becomes clear that _direct_
in this case means not to ask neighbours or parents for this but
otherwise treat this just as another (cacheable!) object.
To achieve what you want you should add a stop list entry which lists
your local WWW server(s). ^_^

Mata ne,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037