Re: Parent AND neighbour?

From: Andreas Strotmann <Strotmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 15:29:15 +0200

On Oct 9, 15:10, Pete Philips wrote:
> Subject: Parent AND neighbour?
> It just occured to me that it would be useful to be able to specify
> a site as both a neighbour and a parent so that it is a neighbour for
> all queries and a parent just for queries to a certain domain.

> Any ideas?

Have you tried using, say, a hostname for specifying the parent and a
numerical IP adress for the neighbor? It would be a stupid hack, I know,
but it just might work.

Oh, and there are more uses for this particular feature! I would have
liked it to fix our problem of contacting Altavista through a SUN Solaris
2.x FDDI system, for example (we now have another workaround for that
particular problem)...

Andreas

--
Andreas Strotmann       / ~~~~~~ \________________A.Strotmann@Uni-Koeln.DE
Universitaet zu Koeln  /| University of Cologne   \