Cachemgr.cgi

From: Manager <manager@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 22:47:29 +1000

Hi guys. Well I have been playing with the CGO thingo a bit. I have managed
to log in from my lan using netscape and call the CGI and see the first
page. I then ask a query etc and hit submit

On most replys I get something like

info: 192.168.0.3:8080

dated Sat Oct 12 22:38:19 1996

ERROR:HTTP/1.0 403 Cache Access Denied

Error

Access Denied

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request
    cache_object://192.168.0.3/info

From this cache. Please check with the cache administrator if you believe
this is incorrect.

Generated by squid/1.0.17@www-cache.proesc

Generated Saturday, 12-Oct-96 12:38:19 GMT, by
cachemgr.cgi/1.0.17@proesc.conxion.com.au

Now I have had a look at the FAQ's but I am not very good at Linux yet so I
may be missing something. My cache is owned by root. That is as an example I
look at the ownership of say one of Squids log files and find the owner to
be root. Ok I use appache and have set this up to be another user. I then
have given the appropiate permissions to the CGI-BIN dir and I can get the
script to run in its basic form. I gather I am having trouble actually
accessing Squid itself. In the FAQ's it mentions the ACL etc but is this my
problem and if so where do I need to edit the ACL's etc...

Thanks..
 EMAIL: manager@proesc.conxion.com.au
 WWW: http://proesc.conxion.com.au/default.htm

*TRY OUR SALES-NET * SEND MAIL TO sale-net@proesc.conxion.com.au * for info*
(001) Logic Error CLINTON.SYS: Truth table missing