Re: Squid Accelerator and virtual domains

From: Nelson Posse Lago <listas2@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 00:34:45 -0200 (FST)

On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Duane Wessels wrote:

> Binding server sockets to multiple addresses requires more changes
> because various sections are written knowing there is a single HTTP
> socket and a single ICP socket.

     Well, this obviously means that Squid is not the software to do it.
It would probably mess up the code and make it slower/larger, which is
not nice for a cache. But using multiple Squids may be ok, if memory use
is reasonable. Since a lot of pages would be shared... Anyone has real
world numbers about this?

     The Host: support would only work with browsers that support it,
right? Nice to implement it, but we can't rely on it.

See ya,
Nelson
lago@that.com.br