Re: Pre-fetching some URLs

From: Ong Beng Hui <ongbh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:29:02 +0800 (SST)

> > Could someone telle me how perform the same output as
> > the one done by cachemgr.cgi about stats/object to get the
> > extensive list of objects in the cache.
>
> url_get cache_object://localhost/stats/objects | awk '{print $2}' >
> the-file

Hi,

I try to use geturl to attempt to "prefetch" some of
the more popular sites according to my cache statistics.
But it didn't help much in the hit rate.

I wonder if anyone archieve significant performance
increase with the use of prefetch technique.

By the way, what is the typical hit rate that you might
be getting ? I am getting around 40% rate hit and for
some of the people that I speak to, they said it is
pretty high.

*8)
Ong Beng Hui
ongbh@singnet.com.sg