Re: Pre-fetching some URLs

From: <kclau@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 12:14:14 +0800 (CST)

  Talking about prefetching..did anybody ever try 'Wcol' before.
  I download this package a couple days ago and run it very smoothly.
  The only problem is, my disk will run out of space very soon. So
  I tried to modify the source and let it skip inline image and some
  other big files (like .mov .avi....)
  And now it work fine and I am happy with it. I have 4G for Squid
  and a little space for Wcol (running wcol's GC once per hour)
  Well, what Wcol attract me is it support ICP protocol. So if you
  want to try it out, follow this URL:

  http://shika.aist-nara.ac.jp/products/wcol/wcol.html

  The most recent version is Oct.13 and I am still monitoring the
  preformance, hope anybody can share yours experience. :)

P/S: the 'stable' version doesn't support ICP protocol, what they
     call Catalyst (Cuckoo).

--
Alex Lau