Re: minimum-cache time?+

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 20:10:12 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:

> But if you honor the Expires: immediately, you should never cache it.
> And, the Microsoft header doesn't have Last-Modified. How about
> these Squid configuration directives:
>
> acl noncacheable .microsoft.com
> must_cache noncacheable
>
> Which will ignore cache-control, Expires: immediately, and the like.

I don't get it - why is this necessary when (certainly from our stats, and
seemingly others based upon problems people are seeing with Microsoft's
site) clearly Microsoft's stuff can be cached *already*? Or does Squid
1.1 act differently to 1.0?

> Or, is it a HTTP protocol violation?

Hasn't stopped anyone else causing problems - why should it stop us from
trying to fix 'em (as terrible as protocol violation is)?

Cheers..

dave