Re: upcoming changes to TTLs.

From: Tai Jin <tai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 11:05:40 -0800

> How would you like to specify this in the config file? global option?
> stuff it in the refresh_pattern line? what are the parameters?

I don't know what the current config file looks like so maybe someone
else can suggest something, but it could be a global option.

There should be a parameter which specifies when the IMS should be
done, like a percentage of the TTL. For example, 80% means do an IMS
if the object has been in the cache for at least 80% of the TTL.

An additional option can be specified to always do asynchronous IMS
even if the object has exceeded its TTL (but not if it has expired due
to an Expires header).

...tai