Re: my cache is small!

From: Steve Green <Steve.Green@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 15:55:45 +1100

Graeme Merrall wrote:

> We've been running our 1.0.18 cache for about a week and it swelled to
> about 90Mb (on 1.4Gb cache) and now it's shrunk down to a piddly 70Mb.
> I'm running with vanilla config files but even that shouldn't mean I
> should suffer from such a small cache should it?

If your running with the default config then the following are set:

cache_swap 100
cache_swap_low 75
cache_swap_high 90

This tells squid to use 100 MB of your cache directory, and when it hits
90% full ( 90 MB ) it will start removing the oldest cache object until
it gets down to 70% full.

Try setting cache_swap to 1400

Steve Green
CSIRO