Re: HTML Objects.

From: Dave Wilson <davew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 96 19:07:59 +0000

paul@u-netsys.com.br wrote:

>We are trying to do a "small as possible" hack in the squid code. We
>would like to edit any new HTML object saved in the server cache. Doing
>so new requests for the same object will receive the edited HTML file.
>Our
>idea is to put a small foot-note in the cached HTML files with the date
>it was cached.

Does squid use checksums to check if a file has been modified on the web
server? If so, editing the file will change the checksum, and when squid
goes to check if the file's changed, it'll come to the conclusion that it has.

dave

Dave Wilson, Network Engineer,
Kerna Communications, Computer Centre, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4.