UDP and TCP

From: Bernd Zimmermann <zimmerma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:13:07 +0100

Hi,

can someone explain the internal difference between an UDP- and a
TCP-Hit logging ?
The longer I look at the log files the more I get confused by them.

I thought a parent is asked via UDP if an object is in its cache and if
so the object is requestet via TCP (expecting UDP_OBJ_HIT). Isn't it ?

The Release-Note says:

TCP_HIT A valid copy of the requested object was in the cache
and
UDP_HIT A valid copy of the requested object was in the cache

So, where is the difference ?

Please help, I'm going crazy ;-)

Thanks
Bernd