Re: Proxy of large files

From: Nico Tranquilli <nico@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 19:25:52 +0100 (MET)

> Does anyone have good or bad things to say about the 'NOVM' version
> of squid-1.1.4? Does anyone think that switching over to the disk-only
> approach is the wrong thing to do?

> Duane W.

Have you tested the NOVM version enough ?
Which one are you using at NLANR Duane ?
My squid always use at least 200-300 of VM (bad!). I'll try to switch to
the NOVM version right now (till tomorrow morning) on two production
servers each handling half a million connections a day. I always log
the service times... I'll let you know if they get better...

Nico.

--
Nico Tranquilli
CINECA - Interuniversity Computing Centre