Re: rebuilding in fast mode

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 18:35:56 +0000

On Tue 21 Jan, 1997, James R Grinter <jrg@demon.net> wrote:
>At around 500,000 lines read in from the old log file, after a restart,
>Squid stops responding timely to requests.
>
>Has anyone got any thoughts about this? It did occur to me
>that maybe I'm getting a problem due to adding all these large numbers
>of URLs in one go..

well, increasing HASH_SIZE made little or no difference to the rebuild.
A third time around it stopped doing anything useful at around 300 000,
so I've had to remove the cache/log file and start from scratch.

(Overall there were around 1040000 lines in the file, if knowing
the size of the problem helps?)

-- jrg.