Re: Changing Mime Header on Receiving

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 21:24:27 -0800 (GMT+8)

Hello,

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:

> Is there any way I could hack the squid server to switch all
> application/x-perl to text/html. I guess nobody will be executing perl
> scripts through the web. At least, not my users and, for sure, not
> within this period of time.
> Is that possible? Maybe hacking the mime.c code.

Yes it is - see httpParseReplyHeaders in http.c, that's where the
Content-type header is learned from the MIME header. Perhaps a generic
content-type rewriter would be useful, or one that can rewrite
anything, for the matter.

Regards,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>              |  pgp key id: 0x43F0D011