Re: give me a quick start please

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 97 10:07:16 +0100

On Sunday 2 February 97, at 18 h 26, the keyboard of Christoph Kukulies
<kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Subject: give me a quick start please

Fine. There is a file named QUICKSTART in the Squid distribution. This is
intended for beginners. Use it, you'll save time.

> I removed cache_host totally from my squid.conf. The error I now get from
> the off-net browser in the 192.168.1 network is
>
> "No neighbors or parents to query and the host is beyond a firewall"
> My configuration is as follows:

We need the squid.conf too. What did you change in it?

> FreeBSD box
> Internet---137.123.45.67--[ISDN gateway]--192.168.1------+-------+------+
> squid1.1.4 | | |
> httpd (Apache) Win95 Win95 WinNT

137.123.45.67 is unreachable at this moment, probably because the ISDN
line is down. But I assume it has full access to the Internet?

> Do I still need socks or NAT ?

Not at all, if the Unix machine has a full access to the Internet.