Re: can I run httpd beside squid?

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:29:54 +0100

Stephane Bortzmeyer writes:
> On Sunday 2 February 97, at 15 h 39, the keyboard of Christoph Kukulies
> <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
> > I'm new to using squid and I havn't yet got it working. I'm running
> > a FreeBSD-3.0-current machine which acts as an ISDN router to the internet
> > and behind that ISDN router I'm running a private network 192.168.1.0.

It's working! I good it working yesterday night. Now I can
webbrowse from a Win95/NT machine in my 192.168.1 network to
the 'outside' world.

Key tip was to not use chache_host entries at all and to remove
some firewall entry (not behind a firewall).

> Fine, except that FreeBSD-current is a development version. Why not using
> a stable one? You like danger?

:-) I'm quite used to running the -current du jour meanwhile.
CVSsupping and building the whole world in 1.5 hours and a kernel
in 180s on a PPRO make life quite pleasant. And it pays off. Besides
that some ISDN pppd stuff I trying to get working is being
developed under -current.