Re: Squid on Alpha - DNS problems.

From: Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 05:43:49 -0800

On Feb 7, 10:07am, kracko@technodat.co.at wrote:
} Subject: Re: Squid on Alpha - DNS problems.

} Not only OSF!! We overode also HP-UX and AIX. I'm not 100% sure as I
} think that there are 4 include files which will be overridden.

Something like that ... It sort of has to if you link with the matching
library. The new resolver library uses a different definition of the
_res structure defined in <resolv.h>. If you have any code that fiddles
with this structure, then the version of <resolv.h> that you compile with
had better match the version of <resolv.h> that was used to compile the
-lresolve that you link with, otherwise you'll be changing the wrong
bits in the structure.

                        --- Truck