Re: Help w/ Transparent Caching

From: Support <support@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 14:08:41 +1100

> From: Simon Amor <simon@foobar.co.uk>
> To: Support <support@ans.com.au>
> Subject: Re: Help w/ Transparent Caching
> Date: Thursday, 13 February 1997 19:59
>
> There's been some talk of using the Linux 'transparent proxy' feature
> with Squid - this might be what you want. Basically it redirects all
> traffic to somehost.com port 80 to webcache port 3128 automagically.
> I've never used it but have heard of others using it.

This is great news. Does any one know something more about this? We are
running BIDS and freebees mainly. Does any one know of similar features in
these platforms?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Clement
email address: support@ans.com.au
Web page: http://www.ans.com.au
post address: 14 Fisher Road, Dee Why, NSW 2099, Australia
fax number: +61 2 9972 2633