Re: ACLs with splay/binary trees

From: Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:24:41 +0100 (MET)

David J N Begley:

>> I'm currently working with Ed Knowles on a patch which adds splay trees
>> and balanced binary trees (you can choose with a -D option) to Squid 1.1.6.
>> Stay tuned.
>
>Is that a "-D option" at compile-time or run-time? (Hopefully the
>former..)

Compile time option.

>Any particular stats (apart from vague end-user impressions) that could be
>used to benchtest the two?

Not yet, I have some ideas for implementing timing statistics which can be
viewed from cachemgr so you can see the average lookup times.

For some real tests we need sites with large sites-to-block domain lists
(>1000 entries) or with a large IP/domainlist of customers who can access
the cache (I maintain such a cache with approx. 1500 IP addresses, for
which the current implementation with an 'intelligent' linked list works
quite nice by the way).

Arjan