WANTED: testers for new tree-bases ACL code

From: Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 22:44:31 +0100 (MET)

I wrote:

>I'm currently working with Ed Knowles on a patch which adds splay trees
>and balanced binary trees (you can choose with a -D option) to Squid 1.1.6.
>Stay tuned.

The patch can now be found at

        http://www.IAEhv.nl/users/devet/squid/

This patch contains bugfixes and extensions from Ed Knowles and myself for
the 1.1.6 Splay Tree code and it integrates my Balanced Binary Tree code.
Both work for IP and domain lists now.

You can choose between the default linear list code and the two new
algorithms by compile time defines (USE_SPLAY_TREE and USE_BIN_TREE, both
undefined by default).

We appreciate feedback from people on this patch, especially those who are
using very long IP or domain lists (>1000), e.g. for blocking sites.

Arjan