Re: UDP_DENIED?

From: Leo David <ldavid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 06:59:53 -0800 (GMT+8)

Hello SQUIDers!

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, David Entwistle wrote:

> Possibly the Proxy-A is not named correctly as a sibling or parent in
> the cache_host lines of the config on cache-B? Also, have you setup
> cahce-A config file to allow access to cache-B using ACLs? if not look
> below.
>
> In Cache-B .config:
>
> cache_host proxy-A.dom.ain sibling 3128 3130

Done! Thanks! But why "sibling"? Cache-B is a machine used
by our clients, who has their own squid running for the first time,
and Cache-A, who has its own squid running for quite sometime now,
must be the "parent". I configured squid in Cache-B
to query objects in Cache-A, if the object is found, it doesn't have
to go to the source (unless the object is updated).

whats the purpose of having a "sibling" anyway? I hardly get it.

> In cache-A .config:
>
> acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
> acl proxy-B src <ip-address>/<network-address>
>
> http_access allow localhost
> http_access allow proxy-B
> icp_access allow localhost
> icp_access allow proxy-B

Done! Thanks! But if our clients run their own SQUIDs, do I have
to list all IP ADDs in this TAG? or is there any shortcut or "wildcard"
telling my squid to let them allow access to my cache?

Thanks again.

Leo