UDP_DENIED?

From: Leo David <ldavid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 00:37:17 -0800 (GMT+8)

Greetings SQUIDers!

This is the scenario:

Proxy-A = A Squid running on Computer A
Proxy-B = Another squid running on Computer B

I have Squid running on Proxy-A.

And I had configured and ran another squid on Proxy-B and
set Proxy-A as *parent* in Proxy-B squid.conf, which I believed
is read because the cache.log(after I ran squid in Proxy-B) says:

        Starting Squid cache "blah"
        "blah"
        Configuring parent <Proxy-A> <-- !!!
        "blah"

The questions is, why do I get UDP_DENIED on Proxy-A access.log
whenever a browser(pointed at Proxy-B) accessed an URL?
And in Proxy-B access.log, it tells me that it goes "DIRECT"
to the source instead using the Proxy-A's cache, when the object is
"found and available" in Proxy-A.

Which squid.conf and where should I make modifications to tell
Proxy-B to check Proxy-A's cache. And what TAG will tell Proxy-B
to "cache or not cache" the objects "if found" in Proxy-A.

One more thing, I had jumped from 1.0.20 to 1.1.6, I was wondering
where did the "hierarchy.log" went and why was it not needed anymore.

Where could I find the explanation of the ERR_ messages in the cache.log,
like what is the meaning of ERR_CLIENT_ABORT and others.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Leo A. David
PHnet