Re: Cache Manager Screen

From: Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 10:16:49 +0100 (MET)

Hallo! Du (Support) hast geschrieben:

>Can someone tell me the meaning, or where to find the meaning, of the
>different columns in the cache manager stats/utilization screen? From the
>FAQ, I found definition of a few columns but not the followings.
>
>Hit Ratio

This is the rate of object hit's (means the number of objects
delivered by your cache against the number of all requested
objects.) 1.00 would be 100%

>Transfer Count

The Number of all requested objects.

>Transferred KB

The transfered bytes of all requested objects.

>What I am interested is how much bandwidth have we saved by using the
>Squid.

You have to calculated that by yourself. For me this looked for the
last week:

Protocol Request % kByte % sec
-------- ------ ------ ------- ------ ----
TCP_HIT 44416 29.96 307360 15.52 1
TCP_MISS 103819 70.04 1672975 84.48 6
Sum 148235 100.00 1980336 100.00 4

so i have a object hit rate of ~30%, but that saves me only ~15.5%
of bandwith.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe