port numbers question

From: Mark A. Crother <crotherm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:58:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi....

After searching through what docs I could find, I have still been unable
to find an answer to my question of, "What port numbers does squid use
for all its activities?" Does it use its configurable port to start the
communications and then go to a high numbered port, or does it just
stick to the known ports?

My reasons for wanting this info is for want of fitting it into our
firewall and router rules.

If there is a doc for this, please let me know the URL for it.

Thanks

--
Mark Crother                    crotherm@roses.bna.boeing.com
Boeing North American (BNA)