accelerator options

From: Natchu Vishnu Priya <vishnu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 04:07:51 +0530 (IST)

Hi..
I would like to run squid as an accelerator alone. What I want to do is
this.. I have a split dns running here so my local webserver names get a
different ip address when accessed from outside..

What I would like to do is point all my webserver names to a single IP
which would be a httpd accelerator, and which uses the Host header in the
HTTP request and then connect to the correct host to fetch the page.

Is this possible in the squid accelerator. How do I configure it to do
this.. like a mapping between Host header names and ip address or host
names..

-vishnu

ps:
A small doubt about squid in proxy.
I have cache directories in 2 different partitions. I would like to
specify a cache size for each partition.. doesn't seem possible right
now..

Is not a desired feature.