Re: virus scanning by squid?

From: Bernard Klatt <bwklatt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 11:56:10 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, James R Grinter wrote:

> Squid should concentrate upon retrieval and caching. Parsing files
> as well introduces a whole new level of complexity and extra workload
> and would "hide" the action and could lead to a false sense of security.

Entirely correct (IMO) and a distraction from what I see as the
primary reason for using squid. I'd very much like to see a
compile option (-no_ACL) that would build a smaller, faster, more
robust squid that contained NO ACL logic. I just need a small,
fast, reliable proxy caching server. We don't have any need or
wish to restrict access to any part of the Internet for our users
or attempt to do virus scanning for them.

Bernard Klatt Owner Fairview Tech Ctr Ltd. www.ftcnet.com