Re: virus scanning by squid?

From: Wolfgang Mader (woifi) <woifi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 07:43:12 +0000

Steven Gaarder wrote:

> I agree. Right now I have http-gw in front of Squid, filtering out
> ActiveX and Java. It's messy, and cuts into my performance. I'd much
> rather do it in Squid. How about providing some simple hooks so
> people who wanted to could add content filtering? I took a look in
> there once, and it was not clear where filtering code could be added.

Is the McAffee-package able to check the cache-filesystems for known
viral infects? At least this could be implemented. So if I am to
download the virus to my hard-disk, I don't want to provide it until
TTL is reached.

There is already a http-accelerator, a behind-Firewall-configuration,
a redirector and many more abilities that don't hit the base-duty of
squid. All of these you can use, but aren't to.

But furthermore: Most proxy-software on Windows NT supports
something like, Viruschecking. Checkpoint-Firewall has an add-on to
do viruschecking for ftp and www.
Please don't tell me: " We don't want to do this". Your customers
and collegues , and your boss with his purged harddisk will tell you
what you want.

Wolfgang Mader / / \ \ mader@telecom.at
S P A R D A T A G |--< * >--| domain-admin@telecom.at
Geiselbergstr. 21-25 \ \_/ / - - - - - - - - - - - -
A-1110 Wien, Austria, http://home.telecom.at:81/~mader
Europe Fax:+43 1 74045 5704