Re: RADIUS Authorization?

From: Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 01:05:17 +0200 (MET DST)

In article <1.5.4.32.19970506121949.0071e8a8@pilot.msu.edu> you write:

>I just signed up to the list to ask this question. Does anyone know of a
>way to authenticate via. RADIUS for the Squid Cache? I want to make the
>cache mandatory, and require a valid user account on a machine running
>radiusd. I have heard that there may be someone on this list working on
>exactly this project!

I have planned to implement it, but I won't start with the implementation
before June 1st or even later because I'm too busy with other things now.
My proxy_auth via ACL patch (see URL below) was a first step to make it
possible.

>If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly
>appreciate it.

Have a look at

        http://www.IAEhv.nl/users/devet/squid/

for more info.

>Alternately, if any work has been done with external authorization that I
>might be able to capitalize on (calling a shell script for example, which
>might return an errorlevel on exit) I would appreciate it.

I'm still not sure what the best solution is, doing non-blocking radius
calls from Squid itself or using subprocesses. A friend of mine wrote a
small library for non-blocking radius lookups but using subprocesses
whould be more general of course (not limited to radius).

Arjan