Re: Questions out of interest

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 17:09:49 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Noel Gatt wrote:
> Would it be possible for the parent to retrieve the object itself, and then
> forwards it to the sibling, both servers having the opporunity to cache
> the object ?

Yup. I'm the author (read: patcher) of the push caching code. It is not
in the mainstream source, as it isn't useful to many people right now.
It is quite stable in my testing. The eventual goal is to make it
part of a "cache mesh," but as that's quite a complex project I'm
looking at some the current work referenced from the Squid links page.

The push code is at <http://www.iphil.net/~map/cache/push.html>.
I also plan to document more of these concepts and ideas.

Cheers,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-893-0850
iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <http://www.iphil.net>