Re: Restricting access by browser type

From: Graham Toal <gtoal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 11:18:02 -0500 (CDT)

> Thanks for the suggestions, my problem is that it's really hard to tell which
> machines are doing this, so it's hard to tell when a new machine starts doing
> this. Also I just discovered that some windows proxies can identify the
> request using the original browser indentifier. So I'm kind of lost on this.

You have several choices:

1) Bow to the inevitable and allow it.

2) Publicise prominently your policy against it and as soon as
   you catch someone doing it, kick them off very publicly.

An administrative solution will be better than a technical one when you
have users smart enough to look for ways around technical solutions.