Re: Wow! Re: restricting sex oriented material

From: Graham Toal <gtoal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 11:59:06 -0500 (CDT)

> answered. My banned.txt file has about 15 lines of regex which I tend to
> think would slowdown squid. Somebody mentioned about a way to speed up
> case matching regex, can you please elaborate?

It wasn't clear to me if you were using some built-in URL matching code
in squid, or an external redirector, but I guess it doesn't matter.

The new Posix regex code (#include <regex.h> as opposed to #include
<regexp.h>) has an extension REG_ICASE which is a flag you add to the
cflags parameter of the regcomp call which makes the match case-
insensitive. This has to be done in the source. This tweak isn't
available on the older regexp.h versions of the expression matching
code.