Finding a Hierarchy

From: Jamie Wilson <jamie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 17:16:09 +0100

Hi,

We've just installed squid on our system. Before I get to my question, some
of you will be interested to know that our users go via a custom written
proxy that (if requested by the user) will do some particularly advanced
port/violence/etc filtering, before passing the request on to squid. The
reason for having squid behind our proxy is due to the fact our proxy
doesn't do any caching.

Anyway, now that squid's running, what is an effective method of finding a
hierarchy of other proxies (ie, siblings, parents - it doesn't have to be a
'hierarchy' as such)? Obviously, I am aware of the NLANR project, but how
do I discover other proxies which may be more useful for me?

(Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the other caching projects I have
worked on have had limited options for joining hierarchies, for one reason
or another)

TIA,
Jamie

Jamie Wilson jamie@staff.netchannel.co.uk