Re: Anyway to config a "backup" parent?

From: Cord Beermann <cord@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 09:28:26 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (Keh-Chen Lau) hast geschrieben:

> Let me describe my configuration first.
>
> P1 P2 /
> | | P3 --
> \ / /
> A ---'
>
> My Squid server "A" has 3 parents, P1, P2 & P3
> P1 & P2 are nlanr's servers, P3 is another server in local.
> I had enable the ICMP and PING futures..
> Now, my problem is, how can I make P3 just be a "backup" parent?
> Because I found that, FIRST_PARENT_MISS will go to P3, but this
> is not what I want, P3 has a slower link connected to outside.
> The "weight=x" option don't work if the site is not in netdb yet.
> It seems that, Squid just pick a parent in random if that site
> is first time accessed and no UDP_HIT from sibling...

Eventually this could work (never tried this):

cache_host P3 sibling <tcp-port> <udp-port> default

or

cache_host P3 sibling <tcp-port> <udp-port>
cache_host P3 parent <tcp-port> <udp-port> no-query default

Please tell us if it does, thanks.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann        http://www.Wunder-Nett.org/~cord/