Re: Squid access.log Messages

From: Ernest Yik <ernestyik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 21:56:56 +0800 (HKT)

> I can see the /neighborsUdpPing/ in my logfile. I wonder, my local sites
> which are local to me is faster than the parents. So it should have
> SOURCE_FASTEST. I am using 2 parents in USA, the fastet RTT is 300ms to
> these, and my local sites are at maximum 80ms or less. But generally squid
> get local sites DIRECT, but not SOURCE_FASTEST ?

# TAG: local_domain
# This tag specifies a list of domains local to your organization.
#
# Usage: local_domain my.domain [ my.other.domain ...]
#
# For URLs which are in one of the local domains, the object
# is always fetched directly from the source and never from a
# neighbor or parent.

Maybe you have defined local_domain in your configuration file, so squid
just bypassed all neighbors and parents and go DIRECT?

--
 * Origin: VAXlab : Home of Ernest * Hong Kong * Email: ernestyik@cuhk.edu.hk