Re: Automatic reload of URLs?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 97 10:14:49 +0200

On Sunday 15 June 97, at 7 h 19, the keyboard of "Magossa'nyi A'rpa'd"
<mag@bunuel.tii.matav.hu> wrote:

> The proxy in its "spare time" reloads the most popular URLs so they are
> always accessible from cache. I have some questions about this:

This has been discussed many times here and makes a lot of controversy.

> - Would it make sense to do with squid also?

You may.

> - Is it implemented in squid?

No and it is a good thing: keep software simple and do not stuff it with
things which are better left outside (you can use webcopy or any other
tool to "pre fetch" objects through your cache).