Using squid as a 'falloverable proxy'.

From: Gregory Maxwell <nullc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 22:10:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi.. I run a cache for a small ISP.. Most of the users use netscape/ie
with config files that let the browser work if the proxy fails.. some do
not.. I'd like to setup a copy of squid on port 8080 that will answer and
forward to 3128 if it's answering.. I dont want it to do any caching.. If
it's not up it should just note it in a log and directly fetch it.. Can
this be dones with the config files or would I be best hacking the
source.. Or is my idea fundmentaly broken?