cache sizes & needed ram.

From: FatMan <fat.man@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 02:42:46 GMT

Hi All,

   is there any refrence to which i can work out how much memory i
would need to run squid(physical & swap) depending on the size of the
cache?

   i'm running a 12gb cache on a 64mb machine, and untill recently
looking at the memory on other large caches being 2-4 times what we
have. the cache is now 1/2 full and we are starting to experince
various troubles from squid stalling for 10mins when requesting
cache_object://'s to dieing of malloc errors to the system drive
burning out.

   if anyone can give me some advise on what to do i'd be very
greatful, Thanks in advance.

-Russell