Re: Statistics about Squid

From: Daniel Schroder <daniel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 13:47:56 +0200 (SAT)

  *laugh*
  Good luck.
  I have not tried a Microsoft proxy.
  But 90 % of all the isp's here use squid.
  And another factor is you can't really fix
  Microsoft servers from home if it go's down
  from home at one in the morning.
  And the code is freely available (credit given where due :)
  to "tune" it to your local needs.
  Added to that is the large support base
  for problems and questions. I find the quality
  off help and information very satisfying.
  And last but not least , it's what the
  "root" caches run. Can't go wrong.

  It's easy to set up , run , and very stable.
  But then again , thats why I love Unix :)
  So these opinions are biased.

--Daniel Schroder
  Networld
  http://livewire.new.co.za (F) 419 3212